Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TROY'S SKIN CANCER!

In August we went to Lake Powell with friends. When we got back Troy noticed a scaly patch of skin on his face, just below his eye. It also had a larger pore than usual. I made an appointment for him with the dermatologists. In the past, he had had places on his face burned off. This was one of the places. They ended up cutting a piece out and sending it to be biopsied. They found that he had basil cell skin cancer. We found Dr. Summers, a good Dermatologist that specializes in the MOHS technique; that's what they do to remove it. He is the same Dr. who I went to when I was sick, I was getting more and more tan and losing weight. I went to Dr Summers and he took basic blood tests of my thyroid and hormones of the body. They ended up finding the cause after those tests. So I have great respect for him. Anyway! He cut some of the skin around the original hole then put it under a microscope, when they saw that they didn't have all of the cancer they had to cut out more. As you can see it ended up being a large hole. Then they stitched it up and since Troy has oily skin it has healed really well. So my advice is to watch your skin and if you even have a question go to a good dermatologist.


Of course these three pictures are all from the same day. He was supposed to keep the bandage on for a couple of days, but Troy never follows the Dr.'s orders.

Now look how handsome he is!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! That was scary, but Troy's as handsome as ever now!

Troy said...

That is sick! Who would post such a sight? Maybe we should post the scars from my other operations??????